Sunday, June 21, 2009

You Don't Know Jack by Erin McCarthy


It's summer! And since it is officially summer (to this teacher anyway), I am in full reading mode. I have, therefore, decided to pick up my blog once more (not that anyone reads it anyway) and begin with my second book of the summer. You Don't Know Jack is about a woman, Jamie, who gets her fortune told by a cross-dressing psychic. In her fortune, she will meet her soul mate, involving food, and accident, and a lie. This is basically what happens and in enters Jack. He is Jamie's roommate's brother and she doesn't know this. He's been keeping an eye on her because he's afraid she's in to some illegal activity at her work at Social Services.

I really did love the chemistry of this book. It is more on the "naughty" side than some contemporary romance. I picked up this book because it was reviewed by Lori Foster and I thought, "Well, if she liked it." It was a very hot read and great for anyone who loves romance stories.

My only issue with this book is that it did not touch enough on Jamie's job and the illegal activity going on. It was like, "Oh, here it is...now, back to the sex and lusting." I know that is a big part of romance novels, but I just thought there needed to be some more to the story.

That aside, the story was wonderful. The characters were very captivating and I loved the chemistry between Jamie and Jack. I have never read anything by Ms. McCarthy before and I say Bravo. A delightful book.

B+

No comments: